Clip-On Earrings, the not so Obvious Way to Wear them

19 Mar

You uncover a great pair of vintage earrings at a bargain price……..wahooooo! The sales clerk pulls them out for you to try on and……..dang, clip-ons! If you’ve never worn a pair you’re only missing out on the crab claw-like pain they cause to the tender lobe of an ear. Who wants that? But wait, clip-ons could clip-on to other pieces and parts beside an ear, right? Right!

Create a pendant on a chain

Clip one, or two, on to a scarf

Dress up a belt

Embellish a pair of shoes

Remove the clip and sew the earring on to a pretty hand-made flower. Clip it in your hair, to a belt, a purse or pin it to your blazer.

So, pull out that pair of your grandmas clip-ons and enjoy them!

8 Responses to “Clip-On Earrings, the not so Obvious Way to Wear them”

1. Misae Richwoods March 27, 2012 at 10:24 am #

I’m a jeweler and the award for ‘not so obvious place to wear clip on earrings’ went to a lady who emailed and asked if we had any hoop clip on earrings suitable for use on her … *looks down and blushes*

I’m inclined to endorse your ideas more than hers, Paula!

• Paula Parisotto March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

Well, I always say, “you never know unless you ask” and, she asked. To each his, or her, own. Thanks for passing my, uh, more mainstream ideas along.

2. Christy March 20, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

Paula You are a style Rock Star…And turning some ones cast offs into amazing FASHION

• Paula Parisotto March 20, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Rock star? Sweet! I’ve always wanted to be one but I can’t play an instrument and sing like a drowning squirrel. Can you picture it?

I completly appreciate your comment Christy and hope to keep rockin’ your fashion world.

3. Sara Smelt March 19, 2012 at 8:59 am #

I love this idea! How simple and clever.

• Paula Parisotto March 20, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Thanks a bunch Sara! I hope you try it sometime. There are so many fabulous clip-ons to be had and the best part is that each pair has a story. I love that!

4. Bunny DeLorie March 19, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Hey, I resemble that last comment! (…. pair of your grandma’s….)

Great idea! I’m pulling these vintage earrings out and wearing them on a beautiful scarf today!

Love the ideas! I’m getting better dressed by the week!

• Paula Parisotto March 19, 2012 at 7:51 am #

Little to no cost way to spice up an outfit, right? Enjoy your day!