Handmade Faux Leather Clutch

23 May

In my recent post, Sew Faux, I shared my handmade faux leather A-line skirt. I l-o-v-e-d the softness and texture of the faux leather. I l-o-v-e-d it so much that I had to make something from the left over fabric. So, I created a simple yet stylish clutch that can be used season after season.

snake skin purse

I came up with a design in my head and created a pattern. Instead of an envelope style flap I opted for a stylish curve. This softened the square clutch and made it a bit more contemporary. To add a bit of colorful detail, I chose to outline the clutch with a wide decorative stitch in a multi-colored thread.

More color! More detail!  I used a stencil, exacto knife, colorful fabric, fusible interfacing, iron and my sewing machine to create this fun motif and wrist strap.

The lining is colorful, of course, and includes a couple of handy pockets.

And what did I do with the lil’ bit of fabric I had left over after making the clutch? I made a mini clutch. I outlined it in the same fashion as the large clutch but this time added 3-dimensional detail by sewing on the butterfly previously cut out.

Suprise! Vibrant print lines this lil’ beauty too. And the wrist straps are interchangeable.

There you have it!

Easy & Affordable Style for  ::  $15

6 Responses to “Handmade Faux Leather Clutch”

1. pillowsalamode May 28, 2012 at 8:17 am #

Lovely!!!

• Paula Parisotto May 28, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Thank you! I am anxiously waiting to make some more. I just need some more hours in the day :)

Paula

2. astimegoesbuy May 23, 2012 at 6:39 am #

You are welll too creative!
    I’m very impressed and wondering if you are going to open an esty shop to sell these bags? :)
    Cheers,
    Laura

• Paula Parisotto May 23, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Why thank you Laura! Creativity runs in my genes.

Right now I am designing and creating garments and accessories for myself and as practice. But a retail line is part of my future plans. :)

Paula

• astimegoesbuy May 24, 2012 at 12:32 am #

Cool!
        Please let me know when you get to that point.
        I’m pretty sure that I will be a frequent customer!
        Cheers,
        Laura

• Paula Parisotto May 24, 2012 at 9:09 am #

Well now, that inspires me! Thank you Laura!

Paula