Earlier this week I shared 5 looks using one maxi dress and no change in jewelry. You may not be aware of it but, there’s a nasty little illness called fashion overload. Oh, and it is scary! It requires and intervention, a straight-jacket and therapy. Seriously…….a whole team breaks down your front door, yanks your laptop from you and ………man, I don’t even have the heart to tell you the rest. Because I care about your fashion health, I left one maxi dress look off of the One Dress, Five Looks post and here it is.
Style Tip :: Layer! It creates impact. I layered a sheer blouse over a striped dress over a maxi dress. Here are a few key points to layering:
- Avoid creating too much bulk which will in turn make you look larger than you are. Choose garments that are made of thin fabrics.
- Choose garments hems that end and different heights. Also, carefully choose where they land. If you have wide hips choose a hemline that lands above or below the widest part of your hip.
- Try to include different patterns and textures. It will create a much more interesting look.
- Wear a belt at your natural waist. This is the narrowest part of your torso and will create an hourglass look. If your short or short-waisted, wear a belt no more than 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Don’t forget the final and most important layer-jewelry, shoes and a great bag.
Max Studio Maxi Dress (unbelievable $24 bargain here) :: Haani Striped Dress :: Toi et moi Sheer Blouse (similar here and here and here) :: Michael Kors Belt :: D&G, JLo, Adesso, KOHL’S, yard sale and boutique
Easy & Affordable Style for $170