Fitness is a journey not a destination.
I am very much into living a healthy lifestyle; clean eating (my weekly cocktail is my 80/20 moment) and working out 5 days a week. In fact, somewhere between faux finishing the interior and exterior of homes and Health and Wellness Director I was a certified personal fitness trainer. The above quote was, and still is, my wellness motto.
I no longer have time to train others but I do teach SPINNING and sub strength, aerobic and kick boxing classes. Weekly, I cycle, take yoga and wog hills…..faster than a walk but slower than a jog. (I only jog if something is chasing me or there is a shoe sale.) Early this morning I was head down and one heel after another, haulin’ hiney to JLo, old school Madonna, Pat Benetar and pop re-mixes. Nothin’ better than fresh air and a raised heart rate to get my day started!!!
Style & Trainer Tips ::
- Wear layers-as it warms up, shed a layer.
- Wear cotton-it’s breathable and won’t hold in sweat.
- Try a lightweight, flexible soft sole shoe-they create more effort on your feet and legs and less wear and tear on your joints.
- Exercising outdoors? Layer on sunscreen.
- Don’t exercise on an empty stomach. Yea, there is something to the whole extra fat burning thing but it’s not worth feeling queasy or passing out for.
- Drink water-before, during and after exercise, especially when it’s hot, it will keep you energized and hydrated.
- Warm-up before exercising, cool-down afterwards-it protects your muscles, joints and tendons.
- Do what you enjoy doing for exercise-dance in your living room to Billy Idol if it’s what moves you. Dancing burns tons of calories….close your blinds though.
Nike Shoes :: Anchor Blue Tank :: Rosebud Top :: KO Leggings :: Steve Madden Sunnies
Easy & Affordable Style for $190