Happy Colors

25 Jul

“Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No. Just as one can never learn how to paint.”  ―   Pablo Picasso

At first sight, I loved this dress. The pattern, but especially the colors, made me sing. (Not out loud though. I’ve been told that I sing like a swine.)  Slipping it on this morning made me happy. And then, sitting in an association meeting, my colleague pointed out how well my dress matched our orange and white office walls. That too, made me happy.

Next, a gentlemen said, “I love your dress! It’s the colors of Baskin Robbins.” What a delicious compliment.

Later that day, I had a doctor’s appointment. The exterior walls……..orange and white! Oh, happy colors, oh happy day!

Orange wall

Bus stop

cropped hair

orange heels

orange pattern dress

Style Tip  ::  If your garment has widely bold print choose accessories in a single metal tone.

Donna Morgan Dress  ::  Tahari Heels  (similar here)  ::  JLo, D&G, KOHL’S and boutique Jewelry

Easy & Affordable Style for $220

7 Responses to “Happy Colors”

1. astimegoesbuy July 25, 2012 at 7:58 am #

I enjoy reading your blog and have nominated you for the “One Lovely Blogger Award”. http://astimegoesbuy.me/2012/07/26/one-lovely-blogger-an-award/
    Thank you for being fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Laura

• Anonymous July 25, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

Well, how very sweet of you Laura. Thanks much.
      A grateful stylist & blogger

2. mancunianvintage July 25, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Great dress – love the colours

3. chicenvelopements July 25, 2012 at 5:46 am #

I bet you brought joy to everyone who saw you in that outfit! I agree with Laura. THE SHOES are amazing. I wish we lived closer so I could borrow them. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face first thing this morning!
    Beth

• Anonymous July 25, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Hmmmm, if you’re a size 8 maybe we can do a shipped shoe swap. I’m glad I could make you smile Beth. That too makes me happy :)
      Paula

4. astimegoesbuy July 25, 2012 at 5:37 am #

The dress is fantastic but my love of orange makes me want to borrow your shoes! Love them! The whole outfit has a modern yet retro vibe. Love it. :)
    Cheers,
    Laura

• Anonymous July 25, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

Yep, exactly why it makes me happy………retro, color, funky vibe. Fabulous!